If you’ve been following along, you know that finding or creating healthy alternatives to my favorite recipes IS MY JAM. From Reese’s to pancakes, I love finding a “guilt-free” and more nourishing alternative. I also love a healthy breakfast on the go, which is why I usually make muffins to take to work.
This recipe is from Ambitious Kitchen. She has SO many healthy recipes, this one was too good not to share.
- 1c + 1 tbsp gluten free oat flour (1 tbsp is to toss the blueberries in to prevent them from sinking)
- 1c almond flour
- 1/4tsp salt
- 3/4tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3c maple syrup (or 1/4c honey)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2c almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4c chopped pecans or slivered almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare muffin tin (spray or use liners). Mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients. Combine the wet and the dry, then gently fold in the blueberries (that were tossed in 1tbsp of oat flour) and nuts. Fill muffin cups 3/4 the way full and bake for 18-22 minutes. Makes 12.