Now more than ever, we’re all in need of a little immune support. Elderberry syrup has endless benefits and is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. I take one teaspoon daily, two if I feel any sickness coming on, and three times when I’m sick. I got this recipe from a friend and am excited to share it with you. I made my third batch this weekend! I got the organic berries from Amazon for $22. I think I can get six (20 oz.) batches from the bag. That’s less than $4 for 120 servings!
- 2/3c Dried elderberries (or 1-1/3c fresh or frozen)
- 3-1/2c Purified Water
- 2tbsp Ginger root
- 1tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Clove
- 1c Raw honey (I use 1/2c)
- Pour water in medium saucepan. Add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon and clove
- Bring to boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 45-6 min until liquid has reduced by 1/3
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Mash elderberries with spoon, then pour through a strainer into glass jar or bowl, discard elderberries
- Stir in honey then pour into jar or jars. Ta-dah!
Tip: I put into small jars and store one in the fridge and the others in the freezer. It will last 3 months in the fridge or 6 in the freezer.