A true Southern dessert is Peanut Butter Pie. It’s not one of my favorite desserts, but I had a pregnancy craving so I found an alternative to the sugar + dairy packed usual.
- 1c Peanut Butter
- 1/4c Honey
- 1-1/4c Milk (any will work. I used almond)
- 1/3c Coconut cream (no liquid)
- 2tbs Chia Seeds
- 1/4c Coconut oil
- 2c flour (I used Gluten Free all purpose)
- 1/4c Cocoa powder
- 1/4c vegetable shortening
- 1/4c butter (vegan butter or vegetable shortening)
- 5-8 tbsp Water
- Combine ingredients, roll out crust, bake the crust at 350* for 15min and let cool.
- Blend together all filling ingredients. Batter should be thick and creamy.
- Pour into cooled pie crust. Top with melted peanut butter or chocolate chips.
- Put into the freezer for 2 hours until firm. Store in the fridge.